Try

I have tried, but I have failed
This knife against my neck
Is slowly slashing through my skin
And I know soon enough
I'll need find my way out of this mess.
The tragedy of life is in front of me
As blood trickles down my neck
As I hear the ticking of the merciless clock
Any second, minute, day, or week-
The Prince of Death will come knocking at my door.
And so with tears in my eyes
I will let loose everything that holds me back;
With a heavy-almost sobbing-sigh
I will tightly grip on this knife's handle
And unfashionably disembowel this earthly body-
With one stab, a cry-
I only tried to be happy and free
With another, disappointment-
I tried to live my life well
With a third, a chuckle-
I tried to survive, but can't
With the last, a voiceless scream-
I tried not to hurt anymore...
I tried...
But I failed.

-Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts