I Wish I Knew

Sitting in the balcony sipping tea,
Thoughts brushed up like a storm,
I wondered if I was the same version,
Or did I change to a new form?

My mind posed small queries,
And I began to think,
The younger me was oblivious,
And life passed in a blink.

Sometimes life takes a test,
Not to break but to make you,
to enrich your inner soul,
I wish I had a clue.

The test gets tougher, so do we
Still, I held malice for many,
Finding power is the trick,
I wish I got this for any.

The little girl asked queries,
The naive heart possessed a quest,
Her questions could surprise,
She wanted it all for her best.

A few questions are unanswered,
One discovers as one grows,
The beauty lies in exploring,
Now that little girl knows.

No matter how much we wish,
Not knowing is part of fun,
We did cherish that phase,
And where it took us in turn.

-Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts