Stars and Scars

It's written in the stars in silver
and in my heart in soars.
it sits like a diamond
formed in kimberlite,
willing for a miner to
hit his final strike.
it waits patiently like a Pinctada shell
mothering its pearl.
they call me inane to believe in a
chimera too beautiful to be real.
they say stories as such
are written in stars and die there,
untouched.. yet this hope ages with me,
as much as I can't bring forth its demise.
it-flickers like fireflies of mid-summer, and
bonfires of November. its cascade of odds
call me for an embrace like an
Atlantis wishing on a star for rebirth.
" aren't human hearts
a portal to stars,
atleast I believe mine is
so tonight when the clock strikes the
twelfth hour again, I'll surrender a prayer
in its name, like every other night,
coz that's when we look
up at the same sky that ignites all our scars,
their reflections lucent
like refined diamonds in a starry November sky
claiming to fulfill a prayer held closest to the heart.

-Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts