Onomatopoeia

I see streetlights twinkling a little more on finite nights,
when my grief stricken breaths are impotent to sleep as my
hungry stomach gurgles with a louder whim,
for my pockets haven't licked a single cent today
and my palm lines failed to stitch a fairytale yet again.
This pale skin shiver upon when my teeth chatter
after basking on midnight winds,
for engines roar just to spill salt on my wounds,
so I seek shelter under closed eyes where nightmares
adorn these begging hands with mercy over the world
which draped me in coloured patches of renowned tags.
My heart's been beating through all the
mayhem every time a clock ticks for another hour
and my soul ignites in the rage of burnt dreams,
but I've been a canyon overflowing
with nestled emotions where my torn feet rumble
and burgeon over rippling waves of ebbing shores
making my lips stitch hopes in beams.

-Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts