The Big Fish

"A big fish"! "A big fish"! I heard someone shouting outside while I was praying. After completing my prayer I went outside. A small boy was yelling. He rushed to me quickly and said uncle I have heard that a big fish has been seen on the beach.

As a swimmer I was very excited to see it. I hurriedly sped up to the spot. There I saw a huge crowd intensly trying to catch it."I think I should try" this thought suddenly struck my mind. I didn't even think for a moment and jumped into the sea.

In the moment I was in the sea, I tried to grasp the fish, but unluckily I couldn't. The fish took me deep into the sea, unknowingly I continued following it. It suddenly disappeared bitting on my left knee.

I was trapped under water, swirling around me in glowing colours, shining fluorescent starlight. Breathing was not a option. Around me the waves broke.

I felt a longing, longing that I have ever dreamed before. It was an ache in my chest, one different pain, it was causing me not to breathe. I was desperate deep, deep blue, rolling swirls of water. My whole body started to give up.

I could hear the screams of friends and relatives on the seashore but I couldn't reply. Suddenly I noticed a boat with two boatman coming towards me. Seeing them, I got regenerated and started to swim vigorously towards them. Soon I was pulled inside the boat.

Back home I saw a huge crowd of friends and relatives not giving up hope and praying for me.

I thanked God for saving me and giving me a new life. The trauma never ended inside me. I always watch that seashore and recall that day and again thank God for saving me.

- Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts