Like Another New Day

Never have I seen the darkest night
Snuff the lamp of the rising dawn,
Nor a bleak winter with all its might
Smother the spring's dreamy yawn.

Yet again, not every day is bright,
Darkest nights are born on a day;
Let history our actions
and lessons light,
For peace and love to God ever pray.

O poor soul, hast thou lost thy bright sun,
The sap of thy summer all wasted in vain;
Hast thou lost all thy leaves to autumn,
Pray to God for a fresh leaf to start again

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee.
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain,
that morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee.
I lay in the dust, life’s glory dead,
and from the ground there blossoms red,
a life that shall endless be

- Khushi Kaul



Comments

Popular Posts